MA - (Economics) Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Economics (MA (Economics) is a 2 year full time campus program offered by ICFAI University Mizoram designed to allow students to acquire applied understanding of economic concepts, policies and practices. The course will equip students with skills and knowledge required in the field of economic policy making and forecasting, business analysis, government sectors and a strong base in research.Duration
Two yearsAward of Degree:
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the “Master of Arts in Economics” Degree by the University.Eligibility
Graduate in Economics or an allied discipline with aggregate marks of 40% or more. Graduates from other disciplines may submit an application to the Registrar for special consideration. Students awaiting results may also apply.Program Structure :
The MA Program is organized into 4 semesters in two years. Candidates are required to complete 19 Major Papers. Students are additionally required to complete a summer project and a Post Graduate Dissertation.
|MA (Economics) Program Structure|
- Pass in Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline). Final year students awaiting results can also apply.
- Final year students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by August 07, 2018 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum 40% marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 12, 2018 will be cancelled.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification. The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Mizoram in any course of ICFAI University, Mizoram or in a constituent college, within the State of Mizoram, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subjectto the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Enclose a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of 'The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c', payable at Aizawl).
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
The completed Application Form for Admission along with a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of 'The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c'
, payable at Aizawl)) may be submitted at:
Address : Durtlang North, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796025.
Phone :0389- 9856891948
Mail : email@example.com
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of Rs. 5,000 for UG Programs is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment of Admission Fee is July 31, 2018.Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of Rs. 5,000 along with the first semester fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.Program Fee :
Students should pay the Fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The First Semester Fee is to be paid on or before August 07, 2018 failing which, penalty will be charged as per University rules.Domicile :
Students from State of Mizoram.Non-Domicile :
Students from States other than Mizoram.
|Fee Particulars||MA (Economics) (4 Semesters)|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||18,000||21,120|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||72,000||84,480|
All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Aizawl, Mizoram.
|Particulars||MA (Eco) Program|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||July 27, 2018|
|Interview and Admission Decision on or before||July 30, 2018|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 31, 2018|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 31, 2018|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 07, 2018|
|Registration and payment of First Semester Fee on or before||August 07, 2018|
MA (Economics) PROGRAM
The Master of Economics (MA
(Economics) is a 2 year full time
campus program offered by ICFAI
University Mizoram designed to
allow students to acquire applied
understanding of economic
concepts, policies and practices.