The BA (Hons.) Political Science
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) Honours Program is a three year full-time degree program offered by ICFAI
University Mizoram with a view to impart in-depth knowledge in various subjects within Humanities and
the Social Sciences. Students may choose among Political Science, Geography and English as Major Papers
for their honors specializations.
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Program in Political Science is a three year full-time degree program offered by the ICFAI University Mizoram. It focuses on the study of citizenship, government and politics. Students learn about the role of government, the nature of politics and different political institutions in India and throughout the world.
Pass in Class XII (any discipline) with minimum 40% aggregate marks. Final year students awaiting results may also apply.Award:
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the " Bachelor of Arts (Honours) " Degree in Political Science by the University.Program Structure :
The BA (Honours) Program in Political Science consists of 26 courses covered in 6 semesters spread over three years. Students will be required to complete 16 core subjects in addition to 4 Choice Based Elective, 4 Core Elective Papers and 2 Skill Based Elective Papers. Students are additionally required to complete a summer project/dissertation at the end of Year-II.
|BA (Honours) Program Structure|
|Summer Project I|
|Summer Project II|
The program structure is subject to change (if required).Electives :
Choice Based Electives for the BA (Hons) course may be chosen from various fields offered by the University including Humanities and Social Sciences, Management and IT. The electives offered are subject to change based on the portfolio of subjects offered by the instructors.
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based UG and PG Programs offered by the ICFAI University, Mizoram. The medium of instruction is English.Eligibility:
- Pass in Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline). Final year students awaiting results can also apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by August 10, 2020 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum 40% marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 09, 2020 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Mizoram in any course of ICFAI University, Mizoram or in a constituent college, within the State of Mizoram, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
- Enclose a Demand Draft for Rs. 300 (drawn in favour of 'The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c', payable at Aizawl).
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Prospectus along with Application
form can be obtained by payment of ₹300 by way of Cash/Debit/ Credit
Card through POS. The completed Application Form for Admission
may be submitted at:
Campus : Durtlang North, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796025.
Phone : 9862596226
City Office : Chanmari Near HDFC Bank, Opp. KFC,
Phone : 9856891948
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹ 5,000 is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment of Admission Fee is July 31, 2020. Admission fee is non-refundable.Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of ₹ 5,000 along with the first semester fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.Program Fee :
The Program fee includes Semester Fee and excludes the cost of course ware and other fee. Students should pay the Fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before August 11, 2020.Domicile :
Students from State of Mizoram.Non-Domicile :
Students from States other than Mizoram.
|Fee Particulars||BA (Hons.) in Political science (6 Semesters)|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||9,200||10,925|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||55,200||65,550|
Merit ScholarshipsA. Merit Scholarship based on past academic record
is provided to students on admission in to the first semester on the basis of percentage of marks achieved in the qualifying examination. The details are presented in the following table:
|Program||UG Programs||PG Programs|
|Applicable to||% marks achieved in qualifying examination (10+2)||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||% marks achieved in qualifying examination (Graduation)||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship|
|Top 10% of the Students||≥ 60%||50%||≥ 60%||50%|
|Next 15% of the Students||≥ 55%||25%||≥ 55%||25%|
is provided to students based on their performance in each semester as fee waiver in the next semester. The details are presented in the following table:
|Program||UG Programs||PG Programs|
|Applicable to||Minimum CGPA||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||Minimum CGPA||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship|
|Top 10% of the Students||7.0||50%||7.0||50%|
|Next 15% of the Students||6.5||25%||6.5||25%|
|Particulars||BA(Hons.) Political Science|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||July 30, 2020|
|Interview and Admission Decision on or before||July 31, 2020|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 31, 2020|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 31, 2020|
|Preparatory Classes||Aug. 04, 2020|
|Late Registration||Aug. 10, 2020|
|Registration and payment of First Semester Fee on or before||Aug. 11, 2020|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||Aug. 11, 2020|
BA (Hons.) POLITICAL SCIENCE
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Program in Political Science is a three year full-time degree program offered by the University. It focuses
on the study of citizenship, government and politics.