BBA - (Hospitality & Tourism) Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The BBA (Hospitality & Tourism) Program provides insight on the Hospitality Management and Tourism industry and prepares students for a career in this fast growing field. It equips the students with the necessary skills, knowledge and exposure to the management and organization involved in providing products and services in the industry.Duration
Pass in Class XII (any discipline) with minimum 40% aggregate marks. Final year students awaiting results may also apply.Award
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the “BBA (Hospitality and Tourism)” Degree by the University.Program Structure
The BBA (Hospitality and Tourism) Program is organized into 6 semesters in 3 years. There are 30 courses including soft skills. Students are additionally required to do two summer projects at the end of Year-I and Year-II respectively and an Internship in the sixth semester.
|BBA (Hospitality & Tourism) Program Structure|
|Summer Project I|
|Summer Project II|
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based UG and PG Programs offered by the ICFAI University, Mizoram. The medium of instruction is English.Eligibility:
- Pass in Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline). Students awaiting final examination results are also eligible to apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by August 16, 2021 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum 40% marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 14, 2021 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra co-curricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Mizoram in any course of ICFAI University, Mizoram or in a constituent college, within the State of Mizoram, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate / Class X Certificate
- Marks sheet of Class XII
- Degree Marks Sheet (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Prospectus along with
Application form can be obtained by payment of `300 by way of Cash.
The completed Application Form for Admission may be submitted at:
Campus : Durtlang North, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796025.
Phone : 9862596226
City Office : Chanmari Near HDFC Bank, Opp. KFC,
Phone : 9856891948
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ` 5,000 is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment of Admission Fee is August 13, 2021. Admission fee is non-refundable.Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of ` 5,000 along with the first semester fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.Program Fee :
The Program fee includes Semester Fee and excludes the cost of courseware and other fee. Students should pay the Fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before August 16, 2021.Domicile :
Students from State of Mizoram.Non-Domicile :
Students from States other than Mizoram.
|Fee Particulars||BBA (6 Semesters)|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||14,000||21,800|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||84,000||1,30,800|
Merit ScholarshipsA. Merit Scholarship based on past academic record
is provided to students on admission in to the first semester on the basis of percentage of marks achieved in the qualifying examination. The details are presented in the following table:
|Program||UG Programs||PG Programs|
|Applicable to||% marks achieved in qualifying examination (10+2)||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||% marks achieved in qualifying examination (Graduation)||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship|
|Top 10% of the Students||≥ 60%||50%||≥ 60%||50%|
|Next 15% of the Students||≥ 55%||25%||≥ 55%||25%|
is provided to students based on their performance in each semester as fee waiver in the next semester. The details are presented in the following table:
|Program||UG Programs||PG Programs|
|Applicable to||Minimum CGPA||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||Minimum CGPA||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship|
|Top 10% of the Students||7.0||50%||7.0||50%|
|Next 15% of the Students||6.5||25%||6.5||25%|
|Particulars||BBA (Hospitality & Tourism) Program|
|Last date of Submission of Complete Application Form||August 12, 2021|
|Interview and Admission Decision on or before||August 13, 2021|
|Last date for payment of admission fee||August 13, 2021|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and verification by producing originals||August 13, 2021|
|Registration and payment of First Semester Fee on or before||August 16, 2021|
|Late Registration||August 16, 2021|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||August 17, 2021|
BBA (H & T) PROGRAM
The BBA (Hospitality & Tourism)
Program provides insight on the
Hotel Management and Tourism
industry and prepares students for
a career in this fast growing field.