The B.Com Program
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Program is a 3 year degree program offered by the University with a view to impart in-depth knowledge and broad understanding of the field of Commerce and its various domains including finance, accountancy and personnel management.Duration
Three yearsAward of Degree:
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded the “Bachelor of Commerce” Degree by the University.Eligibility
Pass in Class XII (any discipline) with minimum 40% aggregate marks. Familiarity with accounting basics is highly recommended for non-commerce applicants. Final year students awaiting results may also apply.Program Structure :
The B.Com program consists of 26 courses covered in six semesters spread over three years. Students are required to complete a summer project at the end of Year-II.
|B.Com Program Structure|
|Summer Project I|
|Summer Project II|
Sales & Distribution Management, Consumer Behavior, Services Marketing,
Training & Development, Strategic HRM, Auditing, Principles & Practices of Insurance,
Principles & Practices of Banking, E Commerce, Business Computer Applications,
Entrepreneurship, Small Business Marketing, Personal Finance Planning.
The program structure is subject to change (if required).
The Admission Modalities are with reference to the campus-based UG and PG Programs offered by the ICFAI University, Mizoram. The medium of instruction is English.Eligibility:
- Pass in Class XII with aggregate 40% and above (any discipline). Final year students awaiting results can also apply.
- Students of Class XII who have not received the original certificates from the Board by August 06, 2019 will be admitted provisionally. Their admission will be confirmed subject to their passing the qualifying examination and obtaining minimum 40% marks. The registration of the applicants not meeting the criteria by October 11, 2019 will be cancelled and admission fee will be forfeited and only 50% of the semester fee will be refunded after notifying the cancellation of the seat by the University.
- The selection of applicants into the Program is made through screening of applications and interview. While evaluating students for admission, due weightage is given to their academic distinction, awards in sports/cultural events, debates, quizzes and other extra cocurricular activities.
- Original certificates and Domicile certificate should be produced for verification at the time of payment of first semester fee. The original certificates will be returned after verification.
- The admission decision will be communicated after the interview process.
- There shall be a special provision for admission of students belonging to the State of Mizoram in any course of ICFAI University, Mizoram or in a constituent college, within the State of Mizoram, which shall not be less than 25 (twenty-five) per cent of seats in each course / discipline subject to the students meeting the minimum qualifying requirements referred to above.
- Seats remaining unfilled under special reservation may be filled up by allotting the same to students belonging to Open Category.
APPLICATION MODALITIESGuidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate/Class X Certificate.
- Marksheet of Class XII/Degree certificate (as may be applicable).
- Domicile Certificate.
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Prospectus along with Application
form can be obtained by payment of ₹300 by way of Cash/Debit/ Credit
Card through POS. The completed Application Form for Admission
may be submitted at:
Campus : Durtlang North, Aizawl, Mizoram - 796025.
City Office :Chanmari Near HDFC Bank, Opp. KFC,
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of ₹ 5,000 is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. The last date for payment of Admission Fee is July 31, 2019. Admission fee is non-refundable.Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of ₹ 5,000 along with the first semester fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.Program Fee :
The Program fee includes Semester Fee and excludes the cost of course ware and other fee. Students should pay the Fee at the beginning of each semester, as per the due dates which will be indicated in the Student Handbook. The first semester fee is to be paid on or before August 06, 2019.Domicile :
Students from State of Mizoram.Non-Domicile :
Students from States other than Mizoram.
|Fee Particulars||B.Com (6 Semesters)|
|Fee per semester (Rs.)||9,200||10,925|
|Total Program Fee (Rs.)||55,200||65,550|
All payments should be made by way of Demand Draft in favor of "The ICFAI University, Mizoram - Fee Collection A/c" payable at Aizawl, Mizoram.
Merit ScholarshipsA. Merit Scholarship based on past academic record
is provided to students on admission in to the first semester on the basis of percentage of marks achieved in the qualifying examination. The details are presented in the following table:
|Program||UG Programs||PG Programs|
|Applicable to||% marks achieved in qualifying examination (10+2)||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||% marks achieved in qualifying examination (Graduation)||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship|
|Top 10% of the Students||≥ 60%||50%||≥ 60%||50%|
|Next 15% of the Students||≥ 55%||25%||≥ 55%||25%|
is provided to students based on their performance in each semester as fee waiver in the next semester. The details are presented in the following table:
|Program||UG Programs||PG Programs|
|Applicable to||Minimum CGPA||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship||Minimum CGPA||% of Semester Fee offered as Scholarship|
|Top 10% of the Students||7.0||50%||7.0||50%|
|Next 15% of the Students||6.5||25%||6.5||25%|
|Last Date for Submission of Completed Application Form||July 26, 2019|
|Interview and Admission Decision on or before||July 30, 2019|
|Last Date for Payment of Admission Fee||July 31, 2019|
|Reporting at the ICFAI University for submission of Certificates and Verification by producing originals||July 31, 2019|
|Registration and payment of First Semester Fee on or before||Aug. 06, 2019|
|Preparatory Classes||Aug. 07, 2019|
|Late Registration||Aug. 14, 2019|
|Commencement of Regular Classes||Aug. 16, 2019|
The Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) Program is a 3 year degree program offered by the University with a view to impart in-depth knowledge
and broad understanding of the field of Commerce and its various domains including finance, accountancy, economics and personnel management.