Ph.D Program in Management / Social Work / EnglishApply Now Download Application
|Admission Calendar for Ph.D Program
|Last Date for submission of completed Application Form
|January 23, 2023
|Date of entrance test and interview will be communicated.
About the Program
The Ph.D. Program of ICFAI University, Mizoram (IUM) in terms of the eligibility & process admission, duration, course work, allocation of supervisor and evaluation of Ph.D. thesis etc is in strict compliance with UGC Ph.D. Regulations 2022. The program has been designed to develop a generation of researchers, who have an in-depth knowledge & understanding, analytical & methodological skills, and ability to apply suitable research methods to rigorously explore the existing & emerging challenges in their respective domains for the benefit of the society.
The program is offered in Full time and Part time mode, but not in a distance learning mode. The part time scholars have to produce a "No Objection Certificate" from the appropriate authority in the organization where the candidate is employed.
The Ph.D. Program shall be for a minimum duration of 3 years, including course work, and a maximum duration of six (6) years from the date of admission. Extension of maximum period for submission of Ph.D. thesis, for different categories of candidates, will be governed as per the provisions of the relevant UGC Regulations
The minimum qualifications for admission into a Ph. D. Program are:
- A 1-year/2-semester master's degree program after a 4-year/8 semester bachelor's degree program or a 2-year/4-semester master's degree program after a 3-year bachelor's degree program or qualifications declared equivalent to the master's degree by the corresponding statutory regulatory body, or M. Phil. degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade or equivalent qualification from a foreign educational institution.
- A candidate seeking admission after a 4-year/8-semester bachelor's degree program should have a minimum of 75% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade on a point scale wherever the grading system is followed.
- A relaxation of 5% marks or its equivalent grade shall be allowed to SC/ST/OBC/Differently-able, EWS and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
Ph. D Course Work
There will be One Semester Ph.D. Course Work carrying 16 credits including a "Research and Publication Ethics" and a Research Methodology course. All Ph.D. scholars, irrespective of discipline shall be required to train in teaching / education / pedagogy / writing related to their chosen Ph.D. subject during their doctoral period. Ph .D. scholars may also be assigned 4-6 hours per week of teaching/research assistantship for conducting tutorial or laboratory work and evaluations.
Exam of Ph. D. Course Work
There will be a written examination for the coursework, and a candidate must obtain a minimum 55% marks or its equivalent grade in the UGC 10-point scale in the course work to be eligible to continue in the program and submit his or her thesis. In case a candidate does not get the qualifying marks or grade, he/she will be given second opportunity to improve his/her qualifying marks or grade, failing which his/her registration is liable to be cancelled.
Admission to the Ph.D. program shall be done using the following methods
Candidates who have qualified for fellowship/scholarship in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/ GATE/CEED and similar National level tests based on an interview,
Candidates who have qualified the Ph. D Entrance Test conducted by the IUM:
- The Entrance Test will be of 100 marks, of which 50 marks questions will be on research methodology, and 50 marks questions on the concerned subject.
- Students securing 50 % marks in the entrance test will be eligible to be called for the interview; however, the University will decide the number of eligible students to be called for interview based on the number of candidates qualifying the entrance test and Ph.D. seats available.
- A relaxation of 5% marks will be allowed in the entrance examination for the SC/ST/OBC/EWC/differently-able and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission from time to time.
- While selecting the candidates based on the entrance test conducted, 70 % weight-age will be given to the performance in the entrance test and 30 % to the performance in the interview/viva-voce exam etc.
- Last date of submission of application : 20th January 2023.
- The information regarding the Date of entrance test and interview will be communicated.
Guidelines on how to Complete the Application Form :
The applicants are advised to read the guidelines carefully before completing the Application Form for Admission.
Application Form :
- Please make sure that you meet the eligibility criteria before filling up the form.
- Fill the Application Form in Capital Letters.
- Provide all the available information under appropriate sections.
- Make sure to sign the Application Form.
- Retain a photocopy of the completed Application Form.
Attested Copies of Certificates :
Applicants have to enclose attested copies of the following certificates (Attestation should be done by any Gazetted Officer/Principal of the College).
- Date of Birth Certificate / Class X Certificate
- Marks sheet of Class XII
- Degree Marks Sheet (as may be applicable)
- Domicile Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Any other certificates pertaining to academic and other activities.
- Please paste your recent passport size colour photograph on the Application Form given on next page.
Submission of Application Form :
Application form can be obtained by payment of Rs.100 by way of Cash or demand draft. The completed Application Form for Admission should be submitted to The Registrar, ICFAI University Mizoram, Durtlang North, Aizawl – 796025, Mizoram
Admission Fee :
Admission Fee of Rs. 15,000 is to be paid by all the selected candidates immediately after the admission decision is announced. Admission fee is non-refundable.
Caution Deposit :
All students are required to pay a Caution Deposit of Rs 10,000 along with the first semester fee. The Caution Deposit will be refunded without interest and after adjusting for dues, if any, to the students on completion of the Program.
Program Fee :
The Program fee includes Semester Fee and excludes the cost of courseware and other fee. Students should pay the Fee at the beginning of each semester.
Students from State of Mizoram.
Students from States other than Mizoram.
Proposed Fee Structure for Ph.D. Program
|Full Time Ph.D. / Part Time Ph.D.
|Fee per semester (Rs.)